… True Love Waits …
… which was absolutely stunning in this new version (a live debut tonight) …
… and they also played …
The first time since 2009.
They hate that song.
Yet Thom really nailed it, this totally wasn’t just a play through.
And Paris went wild. Really. Even Paris …
And then they finished with Pyramid Song …
… making this the setlist of the tour so far.
- A performance of Daydreaming that was so delicate one didn’t want to breathe;
- A tight, powerful Ful Stop;
- A mid set section of Lotus Flower, My Iron Lung, The National Anthem and No Surprises (tour debut for the latter) that left one speechless;
- A “happy birthday” to Phil Selway (49 today);
- A singalong Everything In Its Right Place (is that even a thing?);
- A raucous, insanely tight rendition of Bodysnatchers;
- And the awesome Arpeggi.
But in truth, every single song was a highlight.
I loved watching Jonny Greenwood, who spends much of the set making wonderful sounds in strange ways (e.g. a bow on an electric guitar – twice).
The other thing that struck me is how much this band’s sound can change from one song to the next, they are incredibly versatile.
They play in Paris again tomorrow, before beginning a three night London run on Thursday.
I will be there on Thursday.