I wondered whether the competition might have run its course.
Apparently not, according to many of you.
So we are ramping this up.
Carolyn, our latest winner, wanted to have a theme that concerns Furillen itself. This is what she said:
I think that it could be good to give people a chance to show what Furillen means to them, what it discovered by them here, to give the chance to link the true history of this place in RL, with your idea in SL, to find the forgotten stories of things or people connected with it, it will require some research … of course people can make own history on photos, but they should be linked to real history from RL and SL 🙂
Let’s do this.
Here are the rules:
- Entries to round 3 of the Furillen photography competition will consist of an album, not a single picture, called ‘The Meaning of Furillen: An Album’.
- The album can contain anything you like: pictures, text, and machinima if you wish. It will have between 5 and 15 items.
- Essentially, the point of the album – as Carolyn suggests – is to convey what Furillen means to you. Interpret this as broadly or as narrowly, as literally or as metaphorically, as you wish.
- You enter by posting a single picture in a special Round 3 competition stream that will be initiated towards the closing date. This picture will act as a ‘cover’ for your album, and will be accompanied by a link to it.
- The winning entry will be displayed at the sim, in a form appropriate to whatever it contains.
- The closing date is Friday 4 March 2016 @ midday SLT.
- The winner will be decided by a panel.